Dragon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread?

Go down

To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread? Empty To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread?

Post by Iroki June 8th 2012, 5:09 pm

Hey guys, I've noticed a lot of people doing this lately...and I know it's personal opinion, but spreading stats in ANY kind of game/RPG is almost always a bad idea. Typically, you either want to max all Intellect & a little vitality, or maybe a TON of strength, with a bit of dex if you really wanted to, but that isn't necessary...I personally enjoy throwing in a little Agility just to speed things up a bit. I'm leaving it at 40 cuz I feel no need to go any higher Razz So yeah, like I said, this isn't one of those "OH IF YOU DON'T PLAY LIKE THIS YOU'RE A NOOB AND YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU SUCK!" more of...I don't know really. Sharing what I feel is the best way to play/level? Cuz from levels 1-60 I was at 600 health with PURE intellect apart from that, and at 61 I changed to 40 Agility, 1.6K health, and pure strength. It was about 4-5 minutes a level from doing boss runs. (Sprinted to the Leviathan, killed it, ran to the Trio, killed them, moved to Creton and did one-two paths through it and leveled, then reset.) So, good luck to everyone trying to level...enjoy yourselves! Smile

The reasoning beind all of this? Here:
- Spreading stats makes you "mediocre" at all of your abilities, mage and auto attack wise, but why just be decent at everything and do little bits of damage when you can be ADEPT at one or two things, and hit 5 times harder. So, yup. There ya go, my reasoning behind it all...of course one could do all the math and maybe I'll do that and throw it in here if anyone cares to see the actual detail involved. Yup. Indeed. Back to DQRPG! Very Happy

~Iroki
Iroki
Special Player
Special Player

Back to top Go down

To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread? Empty Re: To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread?

Post by mudz June 8th 2012, 6:01 pm

Just wanted to add in some emphasized importance on balancing your Strength while leveling if you are going a melee build. What I'm going to say might seem like common sense but I see a lot of people failing to take advantage of it. If a mob you are killing has 1200 hp, it doesn't matter if you do 600 damage a hit or 1100 damage a hit, it's still going take 2 hits to kill. Ideally you want to balance your Strength so that you are killing the mob in the fewest swings with the least amount of overkill possible. In the example I gave (although extreme), you could use the 500 extra points to boost your Life or Dexterity (by quite a lot actually).

Obviously this strategy loses its effectiveness on bosses, because they take so many hits to kill that overkill damage is negligible.
Anonymous
mudz

Back to top Go down

To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread? Empty Agreed!

Post by Iroki June 8th 2012, 7:30 pm

mudz wrote:Just wanted to add in some emphasized importance on balancing your Strength while leveling if you are going a melee build. What I'm going to say might seem like common sense but I see a lot of people failing to take advantage of it. If a mob you are killing has 1200 hp, it doesn't matter if you do 600 damage a hit or 1100 damage a hit, it's still going take 2 hits to kill. Ideally you want to balance your Strength so that you are killing the mob in the fewest swings with the least amount of overkill possible. In the example I gave (although extreme), you could use the 500 extra points to boost your Life or Dexterity (by quite a lot actually).

Obviously this strategy loses its effectiveness on bosses, because they take so many hits to kill that overkill damage is negligible.

^ What this guy said is very true. Don't over do it. If you listen to his advice, you may be able to take a lot more monsters at the same time, assuming you take vit...or you could kill faster with dex, but this balance will change every time you move to a new area. A great point, Mudz!
Iroki
Special Player
Special Player

Back to top Go down

To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread? Empty Re: To Stat Spread, or Not To Stat Spread?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down