Update 2.0 What would you like to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update 2.0 What would you like to see?

Post by Deathbringer on November 5th 2013, 12:50 am

With update 2.0 around the corner (Hopefully by the end of November) I was wondering what people really wanted to see come in the next update. Let me know and it might make it in.
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Update 2.0 What would you like to see?

Post by Asuka on November 12th 2013, 5:00 pm

What I most want to see is someting to make it hard for us vetran player thta got our dragons maxed out Smile

Asuka
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathbringer on November 12th 2013, 5:33 pm

How does Legend mode sound?
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageypoo on November 13th 2013, 2:20 am

well since it's an RPG, it's really all about more content. We would absolutely love more spells and much more action. I use to play RPG's in warcraft 3 and those were definitely the golden years, if you ever want to know how to make a more epic rpg, i'd highly suggest watching or even playing those RPG custom games. There were tons of heroes to chose from, each had different abilities, some healed eachother, others were DPS, some tanks, some spellcasters exclusively, summons, i mean u name it. There are huge possibilities for transformations/spells and different roles in the sc2 universe, but sadly the game is geared more towards units rather than heroes, so I can understand how coding all this stuff can be tough. I'd suggest also playing hero attack x3, there are lots of cool spells that really set each individual hero as their own. Diablo mortal shroud has some excellent in game triggers as well, like displaying items on the ground, and an excellent gui system. I'd also love to see flight in the future, so the ability to choose the kind of dragon you evolve to has HUGE potential. I'm really glad the talents have grown, and i'm so excited about the new ice dragon. That's really all the game needs is more variety. I'd also like to hear more music while I'm playing, and less "stuck" time when talking to quest triggers, I don't like being forced to stop the game to read the text longer than it takes me to actually read it, specially when they don't make any noises and just more or less move around pointlessly.

Also, i'd REALLY like to see the ability to BUFF and HEAL other dragons, or be able to cast debuffs on enemies to make them easier to kill. I feel the firedragon should also have buffs such as resistance or natural resistance to fire, or if anything, have fireskin reduce the damage from fire-based attacks!

A /ROLL feature to put a random number on the screen for item drops!

Please allow a button trigger to display item names on the ground!

Different WEAPON TYPES would be interesting, I love the claws and ranged types, but maybe there could be magic type attacks too (it would make INT heroes much more interesting if their attacks were magic based) it could also open the door to light/dark type attacks too. Cool 

Items:

So for this suggestion, I love the idea of rare items, and legendary items. What about magic items, and perhaps unique items? Similar to other RPG games, having a weapon that gives a few abilities that can randomly drop from basic enemies makes the game way more fun. I've noticed there are only 3 ranged items in the game, so perhaps having something that drops "magical" ranged weapons, ones that deal poison damage, fire damage, ice damage, or have earth properties that give +3 armor, or wind properties that give you +1 movement speed, i mean the possibilities are endless. If this was incorporated in lets say perhaps, a possible drop from an ELITE unit spawn (u know, the elite units that randomly spawn when you play) increasing this elite spawn rate and offering items that drop from those guys will really help the flow of the game!

It would be equally cool to have items drop that can increase your stats. I understand this could be abused if there's too many drops, but having a +1 strength up drop, or even just having quests that increases your ability points (again, if possible, i'm not sure if it is) would strongly impact the player in making them feel they are progressing. 

I've received some feedback from legendary dragon players with 10th prestige who have asked for a system you can dump your gold into. As you do runs, rather than restart the game, I think players want to be more powerful. Is it possible to have more elite items that cost xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx gold that can give you better stats or more unique stats to an item? The arena item is an awesome idea, I like the idea, lets get something more with the town, or at the very least have it unlockable at lvl 100 to access a special part of the store? Possibly a gamble situation that can either give temporary buffs or a permanent buff? (in zombie city there's a gamble station u can put money in to get abilities). 

Items that have splitshot for ranged units is a plus!

Also, could we get some clarification on the FLUX CAPACITOR? it seems to have severe negative effects on your dragon, like dropping the ability to regenerate severely. Sometimes item tooltips don't explain everything in detail, would really love a revamping!

PLEASE ALLOW US TO PURCHASE BIGGER BAGS! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The starting area is really big, and so is the town. I feel like you could really use these spaces for something better, I find lots of new players go from the beginning to the canyon and then kinda just go "hmm wtf is next" and leave. If you offer a few more places with slightly higher difficulty it could be a better use of the space. 

I wouldn't mind seeing more healing pools, and perhaps a text on top of them that says HEALING SPRING or something so people know what it does. A mana regen spring would be really helpful for mages too. For the cave that has Malin's fiance in it, something that says "CAVE ENTERANCE" would be a big help, lots of new players have no idea that's an enterance. 

Evolution specific buffs! Teen dragons once they get wings should have speed boost! adult dragons should get armor boosts, mystic dragons...range boost and damage return buffs? legendary dragons...i dunno vision buffs? x4 attacks? i dunno something that jives with the way the sprite looks. 

Environment buffs, such as Ice dragon has the natural ability to move through ice tiles without the slippery effect (you can make ice environments or "slippery" spots like in magecraft) or has a natural resistance to cold attacks, so it can't be slowed. You can introduce an ice environment and a fire environment, so that he does better in one and not so well in another, offering more challenges. An earth environment, water environment, i mean there's lots of potential here. 

LEVEL REQUIREMENTS

if it is possible to code this, I think it would be far better to have actual level restriction to certain areas. I can take a level 5 dragon with fire skin to level 100 if I just fight with him to creton and run back and fourth for a wile. I'd love to see quests that actually require a level, not just suggest it. Having areas that you can't access until you are a certain level makes the game WAY more dynamic, and makes you feel way more accomplished for being able to access the area that you otherwise could not. Because you can have certain areas require levels, this also allows for players to have a harder time getting godlike items at such an early part of the game. Dieing should also have a small respawn counter, to make the player way more cautious about playing. It doesn't have to be long, but a tiny island where the dragon spawns for a time out for say 8-10 seconds would really made a huge difference. I really feel the level requirement, not level suggestion, will help players want to stay involved in these games. you can set level requirements by putting portals down to access areas rather than having open walls that are blocked by bosses. You can also do environment blocking as well, the same way you did it with lava. Please consider level requirements. 

NUMBER OF PLAYERS

please consider allowing more players to play. For an RPG, there should be at least 6-12 playing characters, this will make the game far more fun, and with buffs/heals/summons/spells and items/dragon specific abilities the action will be nonstop!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW DRAGONS! I understand this must be a pain in the arse to do, but how about:

Ice dragon (2.0!) 
Fire dragon (already here, but could add fire breath that deals AOE damage, similar to firebat attacks. also should implement splash damage to the dragon as a dragon specific ability. Fire skin gives dragon resistance to ice attacks. 
Water dragon (heal type dragon, or can swim crazy fast in a water environment level) 
Earth dragon (naturally high armor, resistance to magic, can burrow to regenerate HP, slow move speeds)
Wind dragon (high evasion and movement speed, can possibly blink) could have abilities that block ranged weapons but can take more damage from melee (this will have arena benefits as well)
Lightning dragon (I LOVE THIS DRAGON IDEA!, so many lightning spells already in this game, easy to port over, so the possibilities are endless)
Thorn dragon (damage return dragon) he could have brittle, a dragon specific debuff that reduces his overall armor because well lets face it, thorns are sharp but not necessarily strong.
Poison dragon (natural resistance to poison type enemies, can cause poison with attacks)
Bone dragon (undead dragon, can't be healed, doesn't naturally regenerate energy, absorbs energy from corpses, has life leech attacks, has the ability to respawn)
Elder dragon (unlockable after getting prestige lvl 10) Elder will have the ability to pick any skills from any dragon, but limited in some way. Elder will have increased vision and has the unique ability to use STIM to boost its attack speed/move speed). 

I'd like a quest to introduce the town and possibly involve the arena, if it's possible lets make that happen! I feel the arena is heavily underused, and arena specific items would add much more replay value, we need way more items! (specifically ranged, there are only 3 ranged items in the game, and 1 you get at the beginning).

ABILITIES and TALENTS are unlockable by EVOLUTION! I'd love to see more talents that are unlockable not just by total talents, but by evolutions as well, would really make leveling up feel more earned and desired. 

I also propose items specifically for these types of dragons, I think that would be AWESOME and give more incentives to the dragons you pick. Such as water dragon only items, earth dragon only items, and buffs that tailor to that dragon. See, we already have torlic fire orb, that can be a FIRE DRAGON only item, and the ice swords are for the ICE DRAGON only! 

STORY
I think one of the biggest things this thing is missing is the backstory. I'm not saying a big intro, but perhaps more cutscenes (short ones, very short) throught the game or just some on screen things talking more about the dragon stone and zauberterherferner (whatever his name is). This would make the game way more fun, and helps give the player a sense of purpose. Also a brief intro to "friendly" units and why they are useful in the beginning might help a bit "the turn in of quests will help a ton, i see new players scratching their head cause they don't know how to do the quests for bosses, or why you have to re-kill bosses and turn them in to unlock the abilities).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets be honest, any suggestion is gonna easily come off as bitching, and I just want to say I really like the game and I see so much potential. Keep going Hero, I hope this game takes off and you get more help with the development so we can see more content! THANK YOU FOR THE GAME!

Last edited by Rageypoo on November 21st 2013, 6:54 am; edited 22 times in total

Rageypoo
Legendary Dragon
Legendary Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed on November 13th 2013, 2:44 am

What your forgetting Ragey. Is how much effort can actually go in to building just 1 new Hero. Its why when expansion come out for RPG's everyone is happy. The same stuff gets boring. Update 2.0 is going to be huge for this game. Then it will probably fall off again until another new dragon comes along or something of equal importance.

In Hero's case, he has to balance designing new skills with work and social activities he will more then likely have.

If Hero worked on this game exclusively I would not be surprised if we were on patch 4.0 by now.
Greed
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathbringer on November 13th 2013, 4:29 pm

Yeah, no doubt Greed. Making a new character in WC3 took maybe a couple hours, I have been working on the ice dragon for months. It is just a lot more work. I don't want to spoil what I already have done, but I have been working every single day for the past 2 months. It is even causing fights with my GF and my grades to not be as high as they could be. That coupled with my job taking up hours of my time each week, it is just really hard.

As far as playing WC3 RPGs goes, I have. That was easily some of my first inspiration. DRPG was the first SC2 RPG to incorporate a saving system on SC2, and I am proud that I have led the way for other RPGs to flourish.

I have been working on this game for almost 2 years, and I have so many ideas and things that I want to do, it just takes time and money.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, I will definitely work on the timing for the quests and making more stuff.

Technically update 2.0 will be my 300th patch and that is the effort of this entire community pushing me to continue working on this game despite it literally costing me thousands of hours of work.
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageypoo on November 15th 2013, 12:34 am

I like peanut butter!

Last edited by Rageypoo on November 16th 2013, 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Rageypoo
Legendary Dragon
Legendary Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemunas on November 15th 2013, 1:12 pm

Tbh, I think most of us would be happy with the ice dragon and whatever you else you currently have done for 2.0 Hero. Although that Legend mode does sound like fun.

Lemunas
Adult Dragon
Adult Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageypoo on November 17th 2013, 2:21 am

Admin wrote:Yeah, no doubt Greed. Making a new character in WC3 took maybe a couple hours, I have been working on the ice dragon for months. It is just a lot more work. I don't want to spoil what I already have done, but I have been working every single day for the past 2 months. It is even causing fights with my GF and my grades to not be as high as they could be. That coupled with my job taking up hours of my time each week, it is just really hard.

As far as playing WC3 RPGs goes, I have. That was easily some of my first inspiration. DRPG was the first SC2 RPG to incorporate a saving system on SC2, and I am proud that I have led the way for other RPGs to flourish.

I have been working on this game for almost 2 years, and I have so many ideas and things that I want to do, it just takes time and money.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, I will definitely work on the timing for the quests and making more stuff.

Technically update 2.0 will be my 300th patch and that is the effort of this entire community pushing me to continue working on this game despite it literally costing me thousands of hours of work.
Erm...development shouldn't cause fights with the gf or poor grades, we appreciate your hard work buddy, but if this game is doing that you need to think about your priorities lol. Why not allow more devs to assist in the making of this game? You could roll out way more content and still get the glory for creating the game! This way you can have a happy gf and get your school work done.

Rageypoo
Legendary Dragon
Legendary Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathbringer on November 17th 2013, 4:30 am

Noted
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageypoo on November 17th 2013, 5:27 am

= )

Rageypoo
Legendary Dragon
Legendary Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top