Dragon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i demand tolic fire orb buff

3 posters

Go down

i demand tolic fire orb buff Empty i demand tolic fire orb buff

Post by kyle1234513 August 24th 2012, 12:19 am

im outraged that when i get back to DQRPG that youve nerfd the best and only good mage item in the game. before the orb would tick for 86's rapidly like fireclaws would dealing roughly 4k damage to the target over 5seconds, at level 100 with 250 intel. now it only ever deals 10 damage ever at a 20% chance, thats totaly useless in any encounter.

i could get the orb is too good for pure int users, but how many of those do you see? none. either restore its power to the fireclaws effect + scaling with intel.

or. give it a chance to hit like 15% and scale with int + fireclaws burning effect. (meaning old effect just small chance to happen instead of 100% chance when it)
kyle1234513
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

i demand tolic fire orb buff Empty Re: i demand tolic fire orb buff

Post by EternalToss August 24th 2012, 12:28 am

You can't demand anything if it was up to me I'd deny your request for just that furthermore your requesting a opd item that was nerfed ages ago.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1234513 August 24th 2012, 12:38 am

EternalToss wrote:You can't demand anything if it was up to me I'd deny your request for just that furthermore your requesting a opd item that was nerfed ages ago.

as of now, the item is totaly useless other than sell value 2k.

it really was* the only item that benefited a spellcaster build. it was reliable to stack only vit/int to further the build. now without this item there is no way to play spellcaster that doesnt get totaly outclassed by godlyclaws + atk speed.

are you saying that every1 should be 100% melee and offer no diversity in game?

-----------------------------

you can argue the damage it delt was OP as ever, but that was only if u had super high int and were geting pounded on. single target it equaled what melee could dish out. close quarters creep clear it was amazing cuz you get hit by a ranged unit and the ranged unit burn to death.

-----------------------------

im willing to listen to what damage value u feel would be fair. but it should never have been nerfd to what it is now.

---------------------------

DQRPG patch 1.5 was what in april? that wasnt so far away it was ages ago beta testing 1 broken item needed hot fixing.... it was around for quite a long time, several months in fact un noticed because of how few players had int builds at all. i think of myself as the only one at all to discover the int + tolics fire orb and alerting the community.

Last edited by kyle1234513 on August 24th 2012, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
kyle1234513
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 24th 2012, 12:51 am

The orb would be overpowered if it was retured back to what it was also the thing is everything that difficult is based off of raged attacks or large numbers to overwhelm you to buff the fire orb would destroy any challenge there.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathbringer August 24th 2012, 12:52 am

What are you talking about. Right now it is still cool... it returns damage that you take. Isn't that good enough?
Deathbringer
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1234513 August 24th 2012, 12:55 am

Admin wrote:What are you talking about. Right now it is still cool... it returns damage that you take. Isn't that good enough?

no it doesnt, it deals out 10 damage if you are attacked at a 20% chance. that 10 damage never increases.

and again. single target it was slightly less than what melee builds could dish out, so casters had to spam fireball to make up for the slightly lower dps, and that added fireball damage would make the int build slightly higher than the melee build, and that would be assuming the caster is tanking up close being hit AND your spamming fireball fast enuf.

and that was the reason for suggesting either a slight damage nerf to what it was like 40% cut if your really that against what it did. OR just giving it a chance to proc the damage that it used to do, like 1/10 hits it would get the full burning effect.

right now the tolics fire orb does NOT reflect damage or deal back equal damage, it is always 10 damage, one time, if you are hit, at 20% of the time
kyle1234513
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1234513 August 24th 2012, 12:58 am

EternalToss wrote:The orb would be overpowered if it was retured back to what it was also the thing is everything that difficult is based off of raged attacks or large numbers to overwhelm you to buff the fire orb would destroy any challenge there.

and what are you talking about "challenge" vampiric tendencies = immunity to any single target fight, u cant lose, all u gotta do is right click and afk. no glitch anymore after death makes it way too good. the only way to kill a melee vamp player is to either 1hko or completley swarm with at least 8 creeps
kyle1234513
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 24th 2012, 1:02 am

Not true bio-dome especially with more than one person even a 10th prestige lvl 100 can die in bio-dome with 2 people or more regardless of items
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathbringer August 24th 2012, 1:02 am

Okay here is the solution I have come up with:

1. I am going to make VT worse
2. I am going to make Tolic's Fire Orb scale with int
3. I am going to make ranged weapons for casters.

But not right now. Tomorrow. okay? I wanna go to bed for once. Night yall.
Deathbringer
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 24th 2012, 1:03 am

I'm off too, thread locked.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator