Dragon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some weapons requests(or ideas)

5 posters

Go down

Some weapons requests(or ideas) Empty Some weapons requests(or ideas)

Post by Xaionort August 30th 2012, 4:35 pm

I'd like it if you could add a wider variety of melee weapons(Not better ones, this RPG isn't that hard imo) to the shop(and maybe as drops too). Perhaps some faster, but much weaker weapons or those with some slight special attributes(Maybe stuff like DoT, small radius AoE or a short buff to something after killing an enemy).

I'd also like it if you could add basic ranged weapons to the game(Not like Sremagsi's Tentacles though, even now its quite strong). Perhaps some strong ones with short range, or weaker ones with alot of range on them, or ones that do little damage but either hit multiple targets(like Carrion Splitter in SquadTD) or have a small AoE(like many starting heroes in Special Forces).

A pity I can't think of good concepts that well, or I'd list some here.

I understand if some of this can't be done because you may not have enough experience using SC2's editor(before 1.5 Arcade, I doubt many people even played or even heard of this map at all), no offense intended.
Xaionort
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Some weapons requests(or ideas) Empty Re: Some weapons requests(or ideas)

Post by Deathbringer August 30th 2012, 5:23 pm

Your questioning my knowledge of the editor after I have made the most advanced game on SC2?

The reason I have not done these things is not because of a lack of knowledge, but instead of a lack of priority. I will add these at some point, but you have to understand the time involved in making a single item, especially weapon, and especially a special one. Boss items usually take me around 30 mins to make each one. Which doesn't sound like much, but consider your asking for around i am guessing 30 of them, that is 15 hours of work that isn't high priority right now.
Deathbringer
Deathbringer
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaionort August 30th 2012, 6:00 pm

Admin wrote:Your questioning my knowledge of the editor after I have made the most advanced game on SC2?

The reason I have not done these things is not because of a lack of knowledge, but instead of a lack of priority. I will add these at some point, but you have to understand the time involved in making a single item, especially weapon, and especially a special one. Boss items usually take me around 30 mins to make each one. Which doesn't sound like much, but consider your asking for around i am guessing 30 of them, that is 15 hours of work that isn't high priority right now.

I see. I was only mentioning lack of motivation(I don't know your skill with the Editor), as your map wasn't played much until the 1.5 arcade patch(was it? It was page 4 back then I think).

And even basic things take plenty time and effort, even if you know what you want to do. And I was only throwing ideas around really(But really, why did you think I was mentioning 30 things, when I am probably mentioning only a few items at best?). And even then, your friends and mods are probably better at coming up with things and ideas than I.
Xaionort
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 30th 2012, 7:19 pm

Motivation? We're not already motivated enough? Theres a lot that goes on in the background of what you see us doing. I ask this mainly out of curiosity, but what do you think we actually do? Greed/Dynasty and I run the site ourselves Hero just comes on here to read and post, yet he's busy all the time. Theres 3 admin's and Hero codes everything himself, we run one of the most complicated games by ourself. Yet don't get me wrong all information has its value, but this has already been suggested several times before. Furthermore you can't just add a couple of new claws because then we get bombarded with requests for more which is even more annoying. I personally deal with any game related issues with players, do you know how fustrating it is to try and help someone with very limited computer skills with rather poor english and is mad because of a glitch?

Heres a little tip into what we do, there is a Admins Only forum obviously you can't see it. Yet everyday there's atleast one new post by one of us concerning the game and thats with how little we can actually play.

About the fact of how popular drpg is and has been, its been first page before 2nd a lot and if we got a spotlight again and bounce back since the camera is changed back and more content added it could stay there. So ill leave you with the simple question of what do you think we actually do? Please respond honestly its always fun to see what people think. We don't care if its all negative say what ever pleases you truthfully, nothing will come of it.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaionort August 30th 2012, 11:10 pm

EternalToss wrote:Motivation? We're not already motivated enough? Theres a lot that goes on in the background of what you see us doing. I ask this mainly out of curiosity, but what do you think we actually do? Greed/Dynasty and I run the site ourselves Hero just comes on here to read and post, yet he's busy all the time. Theres 3 admin's and Hero codes everything himself, we run one of the most complicated games by ourself. Yet don't get me wrong all information has its value, but this has already been suggested several times before. Furthermore you can't just add a couple of new claws because then we get bombarded with requests for more which is even more annoying. I personally deal with any game related issues with players, do you know how fustrating it is to try and help someone with very limited computer skills with rather poor english and is mad because of a glitch?

Heres a little tip into what we do, there is a Admins Only forum obviously you can't see it. Yet everyday there's atleast one new post by one of us concerning the game and thats with how little we can actually play.

About the fact of how popular drpg is and has been, its been first page before 2nd a lot and if we got a spotlight again and bounce back since the camera is changed back and more content added it could stay there. So ill leave you with the simple question of what do you think we actually do? Please respond honestly its always fun to see what people think. We don't care if its all negative say what ever pleases you truthfully, nothing will come of it.

Actually, I meant back then(with the popularity system that people probably hated) before 1.5 Arcade when this map was on Page 4 and probably not played nearly as often as it is now.

As for what you actually do, I don't know. I do know that you guys end up having to balance working on this map with stuff in real life(job, shopping for food, errands and other things), which may mean that 15 hours of work on anything with whatever free time you guys may have could take like 2-3 weeks, or more.
Xaionort
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 30th 2012, 11:23 pm

Here's the thing no one really knows maybe the basics but not everything and you can never really tell what a person is like and a lot of people on Starcraft are young and/or ignorant.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaionort August 30th 2012, 11:34 pm

EternalToss wrote:Here's the thing no one really knows maybe the basics but not everything and you can never really tell what a person is like and a lot of people on Starcraft are young and/or ignorant.

Yeah, I agree with that. Some of them are Elitists too(usually very annoying, especially in games that have a votekick button).
Xaionort
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 30th 2012, 11:46 pm

Dam elitists odd word even for me but yes best word to describe them. Also for anyone that doesn't know elitist basically means a snotty nosed kid who thinks they're better than anyone else.

Just a question then I'll make it easy it's hard to tell over the Internet but who do you think is older me or Greed? (it's easier because I'm not asking you to guess how old we are individually)
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shaystin August 30th 2012, 11:56 pm

just from the nuber of post each of u have made im guessing that greed is older but u have difent jobs idk lol
Anonymous
shaystin

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 31st 2012, 12:23 am

There you are correct, yes I'm younger. But as to our jobs I just do more we both do forum work but I'm able to be on more so I do most in game work. Im guessing you thought I was younger because more posts means more time available and the more time you have usually the younger you are or your a loser still with their parents with a bad or no job. Easily reach conclusion really. So are my assumptions right? And the fun part how old am I? And if I'm willing to tell you. Btw hero and Greed don't know nor do I or they care I do what's required and that's all that matters, it's just nice to get a bit of respect and to help out don't you think?
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed August 31st 2012, 1:22 am

Im actually 18 doing a full time course at the Gordon and part time work for a company based in Melbourne called Valiant IT

I live in geelong on top of that, which is 1 hour away by train
Greed
Greed
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaionort August 31st 2012, 10:46 am

EternalToss wrote:Dam elitists odd word even for me but yes best word to describe them. Also for anyone that doesn't know elitist basically means a snotty nosed kid who thinks they're better than anyone else.

Just a question then I'll make it easy it's hard to tell over the Internet but who do you think is older me or Greed? (it's easier because I'm not asking you to guess how old we are individually)

Hah, I wasn't calling you one. I'm talking about players mainly from maps like Island Defense(and maybe Pobes vs Zeelot too).

Oh and I did forget that in addition to all the stuff people do in real life, they also watch TV for at least an hour or two because they are likely too exhausted to want to do anything else after work(some people though have more free time than others). Also, why would I care to know anyones age on the Internet?
Xaionort
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalToss August 31st 2012, 11:33 am

I didn't think you were calling me a elitist and you would be surprised quite a few people care how old you are lol. Just to let you know I'm 16 and in grade 11, also I've had people ask how old I am and idk their reason why or who they were but they guessed I was 21 lol just proof you really can't tell.
EternalToss
EternalToss
Dragon Administrator
Dragon Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vampire4life February 27th 2014, 10:25 pm

Hero wrote:but you have to understand the time involved in making a single item
hes telling the complete truth it takes forever to make an singular item and he has tons right now
vampire4life
Baby Dragon
Baby Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down